Sunday, February 21, 2010

Man, I'm tired of this place.

I’m sick of being so comfortable, I’m sick of knowing everybody, I’m sick of these everyday routines. I’m sick of this city and the drama that lingers in it. I’m sick of the streets and the way people walk around nonchalantly. I’m sick of the facades, the gossip, the cliques. I’ve tried to squeeze myself into every nook and cranny, every missing puzzle piece, and I fit… I just don’t fit well enough. This place reeks of old relationships, lingering heartbreaks, heavy hearts & questions that keep the ones waiting in vain holding on to sleepless nights. It’s too corrupt here; people are desperate, schools are falling apart, everybody’s acting on self-interest. I’m tired of everybody knowing my business. I’m weary of the way people try to pry into my business. I’m tired of people trying to mold me, which completely clashes into all my aspirations of molding myself…

I just wanna move somewhere else. I wanna encounter new sights, have new experiences, meet tons of new people, chase a new dream. I wanna travel to a place that’s completely foreign to me. I want to build something for myself, out of scratch, without having to continue what somebody has already began. I want to start over. I want to see what it would be like to be uncomfortable, what it would be like to do things for myself, ENTIRELY for myself. I want to be assured that all these years of rapid growth have actually prepared me to face the world on my own.

I have a lot of things to prove to myself, and even more to prove to everyone else, and I can’t do any of that here. Do you know what I mean?

No comments: