Thursday, January 31, 2013

I think one of the hardest parts of my maturity over these past two years was the fact that I had to accept that my parents weren't as flawless as I thought them to be before. I'm still grateful for what they did for me in how they raised me and everything, but now there are just some things I realize about them that are far from ok.

Like from them telling me I wasn't beautiful in middle school to now when they keep forcing the ideals of something and money from society that they know I don't want to be a part of.

I don't care if "that's the wat the world works". I'm different, yeah. And if I try to change myself then I'll have accomplished nothing.

Thinking differently and being aware of the problems in this world isn't enough. You have to live by your ideals too, and not submit to those of others.

I guess in that aspect I've outgrown you, haven't I?


Best regards,
Adindi Ramadhania

No comments: